Sydney & Denny

Sydney & Denny
September at the Park

Thursday, October 14, 2010

SAHD gets lucky!

It's not how it sounds, perverts!
I've probably mentioned in the past that I consider myself to be the luckiest man to ever walk the earth right? Well, I'd like to tell you just how lucky I am. First, let me have you take a look at the picture above. It was taken yesterday, and I think it demonstrates the bounds of my luck. What you see is two beautiful amazing kids and an equally beautiful and amazing wife.
It goes beyond lucky.
I've been wanting to tell the story of how my wife and I met on here for a while now. The reason I want to tell it, is that it's kind of unconventional, and I think it might give other people out there a reason to keep trying. I mean if I can get this lucky, why not someone else?
I don't want to make this too long winded, so here is the Cliff's Notes version of how it happened. I was living with a woman and having one of those really bad relationships. The kind that is just bad for both parties, the two people are just not supposed to be together. We both knew it, but couldn't bring ourselves to walk away. I don't know if it was the fear of being alone, or what, but I couldn't bring myself to end the relationship. And, when I say bad relationship, I mean BAD relationship. I don't think the people around me even knew just how bad it was. Anyways, in early March, the other shoe finally fell and we walked away livid with each other. I was working for a national insurance company with a duck for a mascot at the time, and had a coworker who was getting on internet dating sites all of the time. He convinced me to give it a shot. So this was about mid April and I joined Match.com. On May 5, 2003 I emailed Stacy for the first time and we went back and forth that way for a couple of weeks. We graduated to instant messaging and then phone calls. I was blown away with what was going on. We decided to meet on May 23rd. Now when I say meet, I mean that she lived 100 miles from me at the time. Once I got to her town that night, I never left! That's right, it was literally love at first sight. Yes, I knew even before I laid eyes on her that I loved her just from our conversations alone, but the night we met was a night that will forever be etched in my memory banks. We were married on May 8, 2004, less than a year after meeting. Who would have thought it possible?
Back to my thoughts on time travel.
So, you see why I wouldn't want to go back in time and change things too much right? I got luckier than I can ever imagine in finding my wife that I don't ever want to chance luck again. The odds of us meeting were stacked so high against us that I don't think you could actually calculate them. Vegas would probably have to make up some crazy new number like elevnedyquadrabillion to one. It's just so unthinkable that I could ever find her, and then be lucky enough to have it be the right time in both of our lives, it can't be explained.
Not only that, but she's perfect. No, I mean she's really perfect. If I spent hours in a lab putting together my perfect woman and all her traits, out would pop Stacy. Sure, after almost eight years together, she still won't turn her dirty clothes the right way, but I can overlook that. Especially when you consider all that she puts up with from me. She supports all of my decisions even when we both know they will turn out really bad. She is the strongest woman I can ever imagine. And, most importantly, she has given me these two great kids that I get to stay at home with. She trudges off to work every day and trusts me enough to take care of her babies. That alone makes her a saint.
Moral of the story.
So, to wrap everything up with a nice pretty red bow, my point is to all of those readers out there(all 15 of you) weather your a SAHD or not, don't give up. It sometimes looks like you're never going to find that special person, but in my experience it was darkest right before the light.
"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jim Valvono.
 

4 comments:

  1. That would be the truth. It is always darkest right before the dawn. To not give up is a message a lot of people need to hear. You're the second person I know who met his wife on match.com. I guess it must work. :-) My wife was my university teacher when I lived in Mexico. That's an interesting story, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love the stories about "The Beginning" of couples. Thanks for sharing that because as one of your 15 readers, it does give me some background. Stacy sounds great! I wish I was a trophy husband. I'm a little jealous. You are the luckiest guy in the world.
    Take care.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, I really am the luckiest guy, and Stacy is more than great. Trophy husband is bit of a stretch. When I think of trophy husband I think of someone a woman would show off, and most woman don't think The Pillsbury Dough Boy is hot enough to show off. Unfortunately that is how I'm shaped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keith, I guess the best question for you is, what kind of grades did you get? LOL

    ReplyDelete