Sydney & Denny

Sydney & Denny
September at the Park

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Daylight Savings

Really, why?
So tonight in my part of the country, we observe the end of daylight savings time. We turn our clocks back an hour at 2am. I guess I just don't understand why we do this. I know the explanation that it gives the farmers more daylight in the summer to do their work. That's all nice and good, but did anyone think about how it's going to affect me? I didn't think so. Does anyone realize what the time change is going to do to my kids? We are getting an extra hour of sleep tonight. Yeah right! My kids will still sleep the same amount of time as usual. Their little body clocks are not programmed with a snooze button just yet. When they wake up, it doesn't matter what time it is, they get up out of bed. And since it's not really good parenting to just let a 4 year old and a 2 year old run around your house unattended by adults, I have to turn off my own body clock and get up. It's one of the many joys of parenting you're not told about when you fantasize about becoming a parent.
An insane time of day!
So, what all of this means is that in the morning when my kids reach their sufficient amount of sleep, they will get up at an insane time of day. I'm sure they will be up about 5am or something stupid like that on a Sunday morning. Of course that's not the real problem though. Where it becomes a problem is tomorrow night. They are going to be tired at the time of day that is their usual bed time, which is usually around 8pm. Of course that will now be 7pm, and I'm not letting my kids go to bed that early. So, there will be plenty of whining, and fighting and bickering and moaning about that time. And, that's just from my wife and I. The kids will probably be cranky as well! HaHa, I made a funny joke!
So, if you don't see a post from me tomorrow, don't be surprised. I'll probably be sitting in front of the TV with the NFL Sunday night game on. Of course, I'll be asleep snoring so loud the neighbors call the cops, but that's okay too.
Have a good night, and don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour before bed tonight. IF you live in the area of the country that does that. If you don't live in this part of the country, please don't turn your clock back an hour, and then blame me when you're late for everything tomorrow or Monday. It's not my fault!

No comments:

Post a Comment