Sydney & Denny

Sydney & Denny
September at the Park

Friday, November 5, 2010

Letting myself go!

My SAHD uniform.




So as you can see from the picture I've included, I'm not in what you would call the best of shape. I've never been "ripped" but there was a time before when I looked a lot better than what I do now. In my defense though, I was a lot younger then. I have definitely let myself go! And the worst part about it is, the picture above shows what has amounted to my SAHD uniform. I wear just about the same thing every day. Not the same shirt, but a lot of times I wear a rotation of about two or three pairs of shorts. I do wear two different pair of running pants when I leave the house(which is mostly to take my daughter to, or pick her up from school. I make myself presentable, but let's just say, I've looked better. I shower regularly, so I don't stink or anything like that. It's just that I think that subconsciously I've decided that since I stay at home most of the time, what's the point?
How about being around for my kids?
It has occurred to me that perhaps I should start to take better care of myself for the simple reason that I want to be around for my kids. The path I'm currently on is leading to an early grave. I don't know about you, but I'd like very much to not have that happen. Now, I've stated all of this before in previous posts, but I think I've hit rock bottom! I feel horrible. I have to drag myself out of bed each morning because I'm still tired. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't sleep well, probably because I don't do anything during the day to physically tire myself out. I walk with the kids most days, and I play at the park with them, but that's not much of a workout at all. My eating habits are in a word; abysmal. Unless you consider Keebler Peanut Butter Cup cookies a health food. I love those things. Also, I don't think Pepsi at a rate of a two liter every 24 hours is considered "healthy." I love my kids and I want to be able to play with them without having to rest every couple of minutes because I'm so out of breath. I want my wife to look at me and not see this guy.



I also mentioned in my last post the singer/songwriter Michael Jackson, and well he had a song that is fitting for what I feel right now.
 Time for a change!
I know that Michael Jackson's song wasn't about physical fitness, but rather changing the world one person at a time. However, I am going to take the name of the song to heart and make some changes in the way I live my life. I would like to be a SAHD for a lot longer. I don't want to keel over due to heart failure because my arteries are so clogged no blood can pump through my body. That is why I am making it known here on my blog that it's time to start making that change. I would like each and every person who reads this to be my personal trainers. Keep on my sorry behind to do something each and every day in terms of a workout. Make sure I'm staying on the diet I have planned for myself. And for goodness sakes if you know me personally and you see me in the store and I have Peanut Butter Cup cookies in my cart; beat me to a fat bloody pulp!
Thanks, and I hope you enjoyed my rant once again. 
Have a great day. 

3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm here for ya, dude! You have the best reason in the world to get fit -- your kids. So, get off your butt and go for a walk (or whatever you want to do to get started)! There, was that good? Anyway, if you need any help, feel free to pick my brain. I've been at the fitness thing for a very long time. I'd be happy to lend a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo! I lost 65+ lbs. That was easy. The hard part is keeping it off. Good luck to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once my daughter was born I was very much in the same spot. I was fifty over where I should be. It took a patient two years to finally clear the fifty from the deck. I'm very glad that I stuck to it. I feel much better and I know my wife appreciates my efforts. I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete