Sydney & Denny

Sydney & Denny
September at the Park

Monday, November 15, 2010

Pain!

SAHD in pain!
Hello to everyone out there in blog land! I would like to apologize for not posting a new blog the last two days. The fact is, I've been in some pretty bad pain. It started on Saturday morning and got progressively worse throughout the day. About 6pm on Saturday I was in so much pain, I could hardly move. The pain is throughout my entire body, to the point that I couldn't walk more than a couple of steps at a time. It has continued throughout the weekend and today. My fingers hurt so bad, that typing this is excruciating. I have pain from time to time due to arthritis that is caused by my earlier illness that I spoke about here. Ulcerative Colitis is an autoimmune disease and one of the problems it causes is arthritis later on in life. Well, I have it. What I'm feeling now is way worse in terms of pain than what I feel from my arthritis. We traveled to Toledo yesterday to have a party on my wife's side of the family to celebrate Sydney's birthday, and it took all I had to ride in the car there and back, and spend the day with the in laws. 
Any ideas?
I have made an appointment with my doctor for later today, but I was wondering if anyone out there has any idea about what I am experiencing. Not only do I hurt in every muscle, joint, tendon, ligament, and bone in my body, but I am sensitive to the touch. I asked my wife to rub my back(always a nice thing) on Saturday night, hoping it would make me feel better. However, after a couple of minutes I had to make her stop because her touching my back hurt like heck. I have held my hands out to her to see if she could see any differences in appearance, and when she rubbed her fingers across them to see if they felt any different, I pulled my hands back. Her touch caused me to jump in pain! 
Has anyone out there gone through anything like this, and if so, what caused it? I'm really bothered by what this is, and I want to figure it out so I can get on the road to fixing it right away.
Thanks, and have a great day. 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry bud. Only thing I can offer is to not worry about needing to get a blog out all the time. Worry about yourself and take care of you. The blog will still be here. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, no, I'm sorry. I don't know what it could be. That sounds like it's totally crippling. I'm with Eric. Take care of yourself, find a solution, and come back when you get it worked out. We'll still all be here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're suffering. Although I feel like I should be able to offer advice, given that my mother suffers from UC, she has a host of other issues and therefore is on narcotics for pain (stuff like oxycontin, acetaminophen with codeine and such). Have you tried anything for pain?

    I've heard that some people respond well to alternative medicines, like acupuncture... maybe that's an option?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SciFi, thanks for the support. My UC has been solved due to surgery, but it has led to all sorts of problems. The doc know thinks that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis due to the autoimmune connection that UC presents. I have pain med that I use(rhymes with nicodin) but it's not enough at this point. I'm getting a little better, but slowly.
    Thanks to Eric and Keith as well. Your support means a lot. I'm going to try and get a post out tonight, if my fingers can handle the typing.

    ReplyDelete