Sydney & Denny

Sydney & Denny
September at the Park

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm a little off of my game!

  My blog topic for today.
When I sat down at the computer tonight to type up my blog post, I had this topic that I had been running through my head all day long. I had worked out just about everything I wanted to say and how I wanted to say it. I even started typing it up. Then I realized that I'm kind of an idiot sometimes. The whole topic I had in mind was just not something that was really that interesting. I was kind of bored with my thoughts, so how in the heck can I expect anyone else to want to read it?
Sydney gets to dominate this post.
I'm going to just let my daughter and her artistic ability do the talking for me tonight on the eve of her fifth birthday.






These are some of her latest art projects from both home and at school. I think she's starting to do really well with this sort of stuff. She is starting to stay in the lines when she colors, and since I still can't do that, I'm fairly impressed.
Her birthday.
Like I mentioned, tomorrow is her fifth birthday. I just can't believe that it's been five years already. It's amazing how fast time really does fly. It has gone even faster since she was born and then when her brother came along as well. I'm really trying to appreciate the time that we are in right now. The kids will only be this age once, so I want to enjoy it. There is going to come a time when they are too cool for their dorky day. That might be the case now, but that's okay. 
I'll have some pictures tomorrow night of her birthday party at my parents, so look forward to that. And, I'll have my game back to give you some funny, interesting, insightful material to read. Until then however, have a great night!     

7 comments:

  1. I love the stuff my daughter draws, colors and gives me. That's some good stuff you got there..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your little artist!

    Yes, time really does fly, you are wise to realize that and treasure these moments right now. Our oldest will be 19 next month...and I still don't know how that happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, thanks for the comment. I am really trying to hold onto these moments, but I can't seem to stop time! I've told my little girl that she has to stop growing up and stay little, she doesn't listen to me though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric, Thanks. I think the Smithsonian is going to be calling soon for her work. She is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great pictures! That whole growing thing is going around our house too. We keep threatening weights on the head of our seven year old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the 5th birthday! Kids are funny how they color. Where you and I would look at a dalmatian coloring book and say "what's there to color?" kids look at it and say, "hmmm, blue sounds good!" HAHAHA :-0

    ReplyDelete
  7. VandyJ, thanks for commenting. I haven't thought about the weights thing until now. Maybe you're on to something there. Of course if you read further in my blog, you'll see that my son is from another planet, so he would probably just eat the weight or something crazy like that!

    Keith, thanks for the birthday wishes. She was awesome. She always finds something to color in a unique way. She's very creative, brilliantly so!

    ReplyDelete