Sydney & Denny

Sydney & Denny
September at the Park

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Daddy's SO proud!

I'll just say that it really reflects where you are, and how much your life has changed when the highlight of your day, is how much your two year old son pooped in the potty. That's right, my son pooped a whole crap load(literally!) in the potty this evening. Stacy and I made a huge deal out of it, and he was very proud of himself. But, not as proud as I was of him. Really. It was a huge deal because him learning to use the potty like a big boy, means one huge thing. Not the special achievement in his life. No, it means I am a little closer to not having to buy or change his pull up anymore. If we can get to a point where I don't have to wipe another human beings poop off of them, it's a red letter day. I know, I know, he's my son and it shouldn't be any big deal, but I don't like poop. I refuse to pick up our dog's poop if I take him out. I refuse to wipe my 4 year old's poop if she claims to not be able to. And, I do not want to change anymore poopy diapers(pull ups.) Plus, big boy underwear is a lot cheaper to purchase than the seemingly endless amount of packages of pull ups. Does this make me a heartless father? I don't think so!
Sydney starts her first day of pre-k again tomorrow. I say again, because as I've mentioned we pulled her out of the first school we had her in due to the large size of it. She is still kind of confused as to why she has to go to a different school, and claims that she really liked the other school. I'm not sure if she really understands why we are going this route, but hopefully it will make sense to her someday.  I really think she will get more attention and feel a lot more family like at this new school. Stacy and I are actually considering moving into the district where she will be going so that we can plan both of our kids going to this school. It's not that far from where we are now and Stacy's(and kind of mine) job. I really think it would be a wise decision on our part if we can find a way to make it work out. It's really weird that in my life now one of the absolute most important thing for me to consider is the education of my children. I remember when the most important thing I thought about was where I was playing ball this week and how I could get a woman to ever even talk to me. Man things sure have changed. Although, I still have a hard time getting a certain woman to talk to me, and I'm actually married to her!
Well, I don't want to speak to soon, but it appears that my fantasy football team is going to pull out a win this week. My team is named Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc. and I just have to get through the last few minutes of the Colts game without one of their WRs going crazy, and I have my first win of the year. So very exciting.
My Lions took another tough loss today, though they made it exciting. They had a chance at the end, but like the Lions always do, they failed to convert the chance.
Ok, I'm done for the night. I hope all is well for you, and always remember to stretch before all physical activities!

1 comment:

  1. It is a very awesome transition when you get your kid(s) to be potty trained. Changing and buying pull-ups is one thing I will never miss. It is funny how once you have kids your whole world view/priorities seem to change. Best of luck on the school front, potty training and the football season.

    ReplyDelete